Application Guideline for Kanazawa Marathon 2023
(for Overseas Runners)
- Entry starts at 10:00 a.m. on the online system.
- Entry site will be closed at 5:00 p.m.
- The entry will finish even if it is before the deadline when the number of applicants reaches the capacity.
Final Information for Runners
- The final information mail will be sent to the registered email address about one month prior of the race day.
Bib Number Pickup
- 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Venue: Ishikawa Ongakudo Interchange Hall
- Bib number Pick-up is NOT accepted on the race day.
- Please bring passport for verification.
- Start: Hirosaka dori-street（Shiinoki Cultural Complex）
Sunday, October 29th, 2023
START: 8:30 a.m. [first wave 8:30 a.m. / second wave 8:45 a.m.]
FINISH: 3:30 p.m.
Full Marathon (42.195 km)
13,000 runners (Including the online registration of 1,000 positions for overseas entrants.)
※The entry will finish even if it is before the deadline when the number of applicants reaches the capacity.
7 hours (The time limit will be based on the starting gun of the first wave.)
※Transaction fee will be required separately.
Time checkpoints will be set throughout the marathon, based on transport safety, security, and our operations and logistics requirements. Entrants who arrive at the checkpoint well after the designated closing time will be asked to withdraw from the marathon.
|Checkpoint||Distance (km)||Stage Distance (km)||Closing Time|
- General category, men's/women's: 1st–8th place
- 10-year age groups (Under 29–Over 70s) men's/women's: 1st–6th place (award certificates will be sent out at a later date)
Entrants must be born before April 1st, 2005.
|(2)||Those who are residents of overseas as of now.
Also, applicants must be able to provide an identification to proof the residential address which is the same as the application at runner's check in. (residents of Japan cannot apply from this site.)
|※Entrants are not permitted to use wheelchairs in this marathon.|
Bib number Pick-up
|Date:||Friday, October 27th, 2023 2:00 p.m. ~ 9:00 p.m.|
Saturday, October 28th, 2023 10:00 a.m. ~ 8:00 p.m.
|Venue:||Ishikawa Ongakudo Interchange Hall|
- Please be sure to pick up the bib number during the above period.
- Bib number Pick-up is NOT accepted on the race day of Sunday, October 29th, 2023.
- Please bring along your personal identification for verification. (All pickups must be in person and proxy is not accepted.)
- It might be required to show the identification which can verify the runner's residential address at the Runner's Check-in desk.
- Check-in is not accepted without passport.
- Companion runners are also required to pick up during the same period.
The Kanazawa Marathon will be held in accordance with the provisions of this marathon and the 2023 JAAF competition rules.
The course begins at Hirosaka dori-street（Shiinoki Cultural Complex） and finishes at the Ishikawa Prefecture Seibu Ryokuchi Park athletics field.
This course is approved by JAAF and AIMS.
- Race time will be measured using timekeeping chips.
- Gross race time (measured from the start gun of each wave.) will be used to determine entrant rankings.
*Rankings will be announced accurate to the second. In the event that two or more entrants achieve the same time, rankings will be determined by 1/100th of a second. Net time (measured from each individual's passing of the start line) will also be used as supporting evidence.
The Kanazawa Marathon event organizer values the importance of personal information. Entrants' personal information will be handled in accordance with the relevant laws and statutes concerning protection of personal information, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the privacy policies of the event organizing committee. Personal information will be used for published race times, as well as the improvement of services for all marathon entrants, including balloting, event guidance, registration notification, related event and other notifications, and other miscellaneous services from the marathon's supporting and related organizations.
- *The event organizers may contact you to confirm the details of your registration.
- *Participants' personal information may be provided to companies involved in the management of the marathon (including World Marathon Majors LLC, which manages Abbot World Marathon Majors), commissioned companies and other third parties (including those outside Japan). In the event that participants’ personal information is provided to third parties in countries outside the EEA (European Economic Area), it will be fully protected through the conclusion of a standard contract based on the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) or other measures.
Application Terms and Conditions
|(1)||Multiple applications from one person are not allowed. Applicants found submitting multiple applications will be disqualified, and no refunds will be made.|
|(2)||In the event that participants experience any illness or accident during the Kanazawa Marathon, the event organizer will provide first aid treatment. Participants’ illnesses or accidents during the marathon will be compensated for under the event organizer’s accident insurance, unless attributable to the event organizer’s willful or gross negligence.|
|(3)||Submitted applications cannot be canceled or changed for personal reasons. If there is any problem for the application, the secretariat will contact to the entrants.|
|(4)||If Entrants who register wrong informations of JAAF member, we will change general course.|
|(5)||The provision of false information (age, gender, address, etc.), or participation in the marathon by a different person to the registered entrant, is not permitted. Any applications found to contain false or misleading information after submission will be canceled and no refunds will be made.|
|(6)||If the marathon is canceled due to reasons not attributable to the organizer, such as earthquakes, wind and flood damage, snowfall, incidents, accidents, and epidemics, whether or not a refund (entry fees and charges) is required, and the refund amount, will be determined based on the actual costs that have been incurred up to the time of cancellation.|
|(7)||The event organizers reserve the right to use and publish in print, visual media or online materials, number cards, any video footage, photographic images, or written articles from the Kanazawa Marathon containing any entrants' likeness and details (name, age, location (country, prefecture, or town name). Additionally, with the authorization of the event organizer, some photographs and other material may be sold commercially.|
|(8)||The Kanazawa Marathon will be conducted in accordance with all Japanese laws and statutes.|
|(9)||The organizer will organize in accordance with the application policy and event agreements.|
|(10)||Please do not come to the marathon wearing any clothes or costumes that may inconvenience, endanger, or offend others around you.|
|(11)||The event organizers take no responsibility for any late applications and payment caused by Internet connectivity/device malfunctions etc.|
|(12)||Please note that some applications made over the Internet may not be successful due to the applicant's device, operating system, or Internet browser.|
|(13)||Measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will be announced prior to the event based on notifications from the national and local governments, guidelines from the Japan Association of Athletics Federations, etc.|
|(1)||Entrants are expected to take their health into consideration and complete sufficient training before participating in the marathon, as well as undergo a health check before race day to ensure their condition is suitable. During the marathon, entrants are encouraged to keep to a manageable pace so as not to compromise their health. Entrants are advised not to participate if they experience any physical health problems prior to the marathon.
Entrants must fill out and submit a health-related checklist as part of the registration process. Should entrants experience any abnormal physical discomfort during the marathon, they should withdraw immediately.
|(2)||The runners' personal belongings will be delivered by the organizer from start area to finish area. It might be delayed the delivery due to traffic conditions.|
|(3)||There are no parking lots near the starting venue, so please use public transportation on the day of the event, The sponsor will not bear responsibility for lateness caused by a delay or accident while traveling, so please factor in time for unexpected events when traveling to the venue.|
|(4)||The starting position will be determined by the arrangement of designated blocks. Each block will refer to the reported (estimated) start time; if the reported (estimated) time is not reported then those entrants will start from the last position.|
|(5)||Any patterns or logos representing businesses or commercial products for advertising purposes, or any other advertising material, must not be displayed or worn at the marathon (including while running).|
|(6)||Please refrain from activities that would inconvenience others, such as littering, using unauthorized bathrooms, or taking too much from the water/food supplies. Please use common courtesy so everyone can enjoy a good run.|
|(7)||The organizer will not issue receipts. Please check statement of your credit card or invoice.|
T-shirts will be provided as the participant's awards.
Please see the size chart (JASPO Standards) below.
- ※Size change is not accepted after registration.